Friday, August 1, 1997

For My Sweet

I have not seen your face, have not touched it with my hands,
But I know its expressions and feel its countenance through your words.

I have not walked with you in moments of silence, listened to the quiet rhythms of your breath,
But I know the path you wish to follow.

I have not tasted your lips, or inhaled your fragrance,
Yet I know that they are tender and sweet.

I have not felt your body beside mine, have not felt the quivers of delight in your presence,
But your mind has aroused me with anticipation.

I have not walked a mile with you yet in this world,
but my heart has told me that this is the path we need explore together.

I have not told you, live and in person, how my soul aches to touch your heart,
But it does and I long for you.

And I have not yet told you with my voice, though I have just begun to know you,
You have taken hold of my heart, warmly and tenderly.

Take this walk with me, love, and let me love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment